Equine Gestaltist™ Certification Program Details
The Touched by a Horse® Equine Gestaltist™ Program Graduate is Ready to Practice
The EGCMethod is different than any other type of equine coaching you may have experienced or seen. The horse is an active partner in the coaching and healing process. Using their combined wisdom and intuition, the EGCMethod coach and their equine partner will guide you through your experience.
Working together, they will help you isolate the unfinished business that is causing you pain or blocking your path to success and happiness. Then, through experiential interaction, they will assist you in clearing the energy that has been holding you back or keeping you from your best self.
You will learn through the same proven methods that have put over 250 graduates into Equine Gestalt Coaching practice.
Live Online Classes
Intensive CORE Trainings
Foundation Workshop Training
Individual Success Coaching
Active Community Support
3 Classes Per Month
In-depth 24-Month Class Curriculum
- All classes are taught live online by Melisa Pearce, founder of the Equine Gestalt Coaching Method®.
- Classes are one-hour and offered early evening to accommodate most students’ work schedules.
- Classes are also recorded to facilitate easy class make-up and reference.
- Curriculum covers 72 topics within the Six Core Competencies of the equine coaching certification program.
3 Classes Each Month
Intensive Group Trainings
- Attend five 4 1/2 day in-person CORE workshops.
- Attend three 3 1/2 day virtual CORE workshops.
- Practice coaching skills and receive feedback.
- Engage in your own personal work under the supervision of Melisa.
- Offered at the main campus in Colorado and other locations around the country.
Assigned Your Own Coach
You will have two 30-minute phone sessions each month with your own professional coach who will:
- Assist you in developing a powerful vision for yourself and as a coach.
- Help you identify and build on your strengths.
- Encourage you to develop your own coaching style and business niche.
- Provide a confidential space to share obstacles to your success and work through them.
- Keep you accountable and on-track to complete the program requirements.
Learn to Lead Group Workshops
At the five-day “Foundation Session” you will learn :
- How to open the workshop from your authentic self and create a safe psychic “container” for sharing and reflection.
- About setting boundaries, identifying limitations and treatment referral protocols.
- What legal releases and insurance you will need.
- How to conduct a safety demonstration.
- How to select partners, share responsibilities and split revenues if you should select to co-host a retreat.
Monthly Q & A Calls with Melisa and Community
- Each month, there is a community call which provides time for Q&A, discussion and integration of key concepts.
- All community calls are recorded and posted on the student website for reference.
Support of Fellow Students and Graduates
- As you go through the program and when you graduate, you will have the benefit of being part of a dynamic, stimulating and nurturing group of like-minded people to support your journey.
- TBAH has a very active post-graduate marketing support group and Facebook community.
- The human “herdmates” you meet in the program become not only professional resources, but often lifelong friends.
The Curriculum Focuses on Six Core Competencies
Gestalt and Human Dynamics
The Equine Gestalt Coaching Method® incorporates Gestalt theory. Gestalt is a German word loosely translated to mean wholeness. The process of Gestalt in coaching can be seen as a journey to wholeness. Most therapeutic approaches look to the past, forming labels and diagnoses to explain behaviors. Our Gestalt coaches, or “Gestaltists”, work in the present, seeing their clients as a totality of life experience during which defenses and strategies form. The Getalt process holds that each client has inherent healing wisdom that is outside of their present awareness.
Horses are an active partner in the coaching sessions. Students learn equine behavior and communication through hands-on training with Melisa. By sharing her deep understanding of the healing powers of horses, students learn how to bring them in as partners in the coaching. They learn horses body language and how they use their healing energy fields (chakras). Practical aspects are also covered, such as horse selection, facility requirements and safety.
Somatics and Intuitive Insights
Based on Gestalt principles of wholeness, students will discover the Equine Gestalt Coaching Method® is experiential in nature and moves beyond talk therapy to include the felt experience of a person in their body as a means of gaining personal awareness. Special emphasis is given to the importance of developing intuition and its potential to harness the vast powers of the subconscious.
Students will learn the skills necessary to lead both workshops and individual coaching sessions, including creating the proper container, setting boundaries, and confidentiality. This will also include practical aspects such as legal releases, safety checks and co-facilitation skills and issues.
Students are taught a comprehensive tool-kit of highly-effective and proven coaching tools and techniques for helping others meet their challenges and opportunities. Through both classroom teachings as well as textbooks written by leading experts in the fields, students are provided with an in-depth understanding of tools and concepts such as individual typology and temperaments, principles of Neuro-lingusitic programming, SMART plans, individual developmental stages and family genograms. They also learn to guide their clients in developing personal visions and values.
Most of our program graduates enter into the program with the intention of establishing their own coaching practice. To insure the success of our graduates that do go onto being an entrepreneur, we provide our students with all of the necessary tools to start their own coaching practice. This includes guidance in writing a business plan, identifying specific a target market and niche, creating an online presence (including a website) and other marketing strategies that have proven to be successful for our graduates. Running your own business is not a prerequisite for joining the program, as some graduates explore joint ventures capitalizing on complimentary backgrounds in finance, marketing, horse ownership and experience, etc.
Watch this short video feature from one of our graduates, Darlene Colborne of Canada to learn about the impact of our program.
A Message from Melisa
If horses hold magic for you, you are in the right place.
Do you agree horses are much more than a “tool” for healing or an object to mirror people? If yes, then Melisa’s EGCMethod, which fully honors the horse’s part in the process, may be the perfect program environment for you.
Are you intrigued by the idea that the human/horse connection can unlock unlimited potential for personal growth for yourself and others?